Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bentley Continental GTC Speed


My blogging friend, Hilary Melton-Butcher of Positive Letters, appeared to be so excited at my post on the Bentley Continental GT...so I decided that I would do a special post for her. Her mother is terminally ill...which is an extremely difficult time for her. So, I thought that her favorite auto the Bentley Continental GTC would be appropriate. The GTC is the convertible version of the Continental GT.

The standard Continental GT is equipped with a 6.0L, twin-turbocharged W12 engine, producing 552 hp., with a top speed of 198 mph (319 km/h).
The GT Speed bumps that up to 603 hp., with a top speed of 202 mph (325 km/h) and a 0-60 mph time of 4.3 seconds.


The Continental GTC Speed ads a dark chrome grille, 20” multi-spoke sport wheels, twin rifled sports tail pipes. Inside lies a world of luxury; Mulliner diamond quilted leather seats, knurled chrome sports lever encased in hide, 3-spoke leather steering wheel with aluminium inlays.

The price for the GTC starts at £137,000 in England and $237,695 USD in the U.S. The Continental GT Speed is the first production Bentley officially capable of reaching 202 mph (325 km/h).

My take on this car is the it is an exceptionally beautiful exclusive vehicle.
The reason that I picked the Continental GT Speed is that it is faster and looks better with the 20 inch wheels. Hilary tell the driver to take the day off...you will want to take this beautiful machine for a Sunday drive yourself. See the
GTC video!


Information via Wikipedia!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pete

    Amazing the car is more expensive than my humble house. Bentley is a legendary of cars all the time even for Japanese Car manufacturers.

    Thank you for your info.
    Shaw Funami
    Fill the Missing Link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shaw,

    Your right...the price point on this car is on the extremely expensive side. But, it is a dream vehicle....the kind of car that you dream of owning! What would we be without our dreams!

    I like to bring up cars that will not only be informative but get you excited reading about them! Thank you for your comments!

    Best Regards

    Pete Baca
    The Car Enthusiast Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pete .. just lost my comment - while I decided to watch the video!

    The red convertible looks quite amazing coming out of the page at me .. I love the colour. I definitely need the convertible .. haven't had one for years! I guess it just operates via button .. that will make a difference from years ago & the Sprite when I battled to close the clip!! & got cross if the rain was coming down.

    Thanks so much for acknowledging me with this post .. £137 grand isn't too much is it??? I'll have to get a new house too - with a garage and a drive .. and don't think I could expect the car to survive outside my house for long .. I wouldn't want it scratched and I'd need to keep it polished and perfect.

    It's the kind of thing I've always said if you can afford a Rolls Royce .. or Bentley in this case .. you can afford the petrol to go in it and presumably the house etc too ..

    The video looks good .. the plastic grill seems a bone of contention .. but I expect it's a special plastic. No wonder it weighs 3 tons .. with 14 speakers in it .. - it's less than half the weight of The Beast though!

    Thanks for the support - all the best
    Hilary Melton-Butcher
    Positive Letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hilary,

    I am glad that you liked my post! You have been one of my most ardent supporters....so I thought it would be appropriate to do a special post for you.

    You requested one in red...so I gave you a couple of versions! Personally, I like the tan interior with the light wood myself. So, that is why those pictures were selected!

    Bentley indicates that the plastic grill is there for pedestrian safety....it apparently breaks easily when hitting a pedestrian. I can understand their concerns....since the English brands.... Rolls and Bentley have always had hand made metal grills.

    For you...I don't think that the price is excessive...your worth it! Here is to your wonderful dream machine!

    Best Regards

    Pete Baca
    The Car Enthusiast Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pete,

    Another beautiful car. I love your taste in the cars you chose to blog on. Very elegant and powerful. Thanks!

    Dr. Moulas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Dr. Bob,

    Thank you for your comments! I always try to post cars that I would like to own...or that are interesting and informative!

    Pete Baca
    The Car Enthusiast Online

    ReplyDelete